Friday, December 7, 2007

DR. QUIROZ

So, it's 10:00 A.M. on Friday, and I don't have class today. So why the heck am I awake so early? I'll tell you.

Last night was the Choir concert here at Hillsdale. It was actually really good. Afterward, I ran into Dr. Shaw, my Greek professor among many other classes, who told me I was looking sharp. I believe his exact words were "almost dressed up." He then asked me if I wanted to teach his 8:20 Greek I class for him in the morning.

Now, there was no way I was going to turn this down, so I said yes. He informed me the chapter they are going over is the chapter over "liquid verbs" which is just any other verb who's stem happens to end in lambda, mu, nu, or rho. So, I sat down with my old Greek book, brushed up on liquids and hit the proverbial hay.

Four hours later, when my alarm was going off, I must admit I was pretty close to just rolling back over and going straight back to bye bye land. However, I did not. I got up and walked proudly down to the classroom ready to teach. When I got there, Dr. Shaw was slightly surprised to see me, but relinquished the class to me.

Class went very well, and now I am in the library writing this. I hope to be back to sleep within the hour. Night.

No comments: