Sunday, December 2, 2007

GOING HOME

Now and again, we come across chapters in our lives which force us to step back and take a look at things, objectively. These parts, from an outsider's point of view, might seem indistinguishable from any other part in one's life. Yet, you - you are in it - deep within the trenches of life and living, which are surprisingly seldom the same thing.

My friend Andrew died about a week ago. This ongoing chapter is, so far, one of the harder to bare. Though it has been difficult, I find myself growing weary of the sound of my own complaining. I miss him very, very much. The pain is hard to hide.

I am going home for Christmas break in a few weeks. More and more the ever present knowledge that winter is the season for love comes knocking at my door. While, I do keep my mind occupied, it is difficult to ignore that things are always in motion in the winter. Lives are changing. Snow is falling. It is the perfect season to hold a loved one in the falling snow, and share that one perfect moment - or perhaps many. I fear I might be all out of love. Or maybe I'm just scared. Sadly, I find myself not caring anymore. At least for now.

No comments: