Monday, June 2, 2008

SUMMER READING

" There was something formless and perfect
before the universe was born.
It is serene. Empty.
Solitary. Unchanging.
Infinite. Eternally present.
It is the mother of the universe.
For lack of a better name,
I call it the Tao.

It flows through all things,
inside and outside, and returns
to the origin of all things.

The Tao is great.
The universe is great.
Earth is great.
Man is great.
These are the four great powers.

Man follows the earth.
Earth follows the universe.
The universe follows the Tao.
The Tao follows only itself." -Lao Tzu

From "Tao Teh Ching", 500BC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand the depth of this kind of thing. But I am too shallow of a person to really grasp the full meaning.
Let me think on it, and I'll see if any revelations of understading wash over me :)

Anonymous said...

It only goes to show you that God reveals Himself to even the blind (spiritually). He is SO great that only the ones who refuse to accept it can't see His wonder.

HolyGhost said...

I wouldn't call the writer "blind".

DAN QUIXOTE said...

Oh boy. Don't start a argument. Save that for Taylor's notes. hahaha. Love you guys! I just think it's interesting how, through reasoning and searching, Lao Tzu came up with so many right ideas about the way things really are. He got close. Thanks for reading guys!