Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I USED TO BE FUNNIER

Good evening! Last night I was reading over my old blog. You can check it out HERE.

I realized a few things. I used to be funnier. I was more optimistic. I was full of hope. It got me thinking about what may or may not be wrong with me.

I'm almost twenty-four. My life is not what I thought or hoped it would be by now. I'm not sure if it's any worse. But, it's definitely not what I was expecting, or even hoping for.

Our experiences and choices make us what we are.

Since then, I've lost a lot, I've had my heart broken, people have let me down, I've failed. On the other hand, I've gained, I've loved, I've been inspired by people, I've won.

I just miss hoping for things. I want to hope again.

Things were a lot simpler when I was young. When you haven't been let down, or had your heart broken, you find it easy - life that is. I want to have a reckless enthusiasm and optimism that scares the people around me! Haha.

Ok, no more complaining. I'm done with that.

I determined three things that are going to help me get back to where I was in my younger days.

I am going to get plugged into a church again.

I am going to get into the best shape of my life.

I am going to get out of debt.

Reckless enthusiasm, here I come.

No comments: