Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rainy Day

I think I broke a toe. I’m not sure how it happened, but I’m pretty certain that it’s broken. It’s the middle toe on my right foot. I’ve been walking a lot these days. Some for the exercise, mostly for lack of car. Could it have happened walking to work? Not sure.

In May, my friends and I went to Dallas to see the Broadway tour of RENT. That was a blast! I’m going to New York for New Year’s Eve this year. Though I’d rather be back in Hong Kong.

I finally have a job that I like. I also started freelance writing for a publication called the Edmond Outlook. You can check out my first article here.

I am writing a play. It’s about the cast of a 1930’s adventure radio play. It makes me laugh. I’ve taken a break from work on 20 Rules For Tipping, another play I am writing with James.

I am also trying to narrow down some screenplay ideas.

We’ll see.



[Sparkey died this summer. My best friend of 18 years.]



[Fireworks were beautiful this year.]



[Double birthday fun.]

The summer was amazing – met several new friends, had adventures, and for the first time in a long time I have a plan for the future and I’m self aware.

Things are just fine. Amazing actually! I can’t complain, I’m overwhelmed by a newfound sense of purpose and clarity. A peace goes with me most days.

Listening to: Blümchen – Ich bin wieder hier

2 comments:

Mike Dee said...

Man im excited for you bro. Finish What you start and never let anyone say you can't do anything...i see more talent in you then alot of people who making the big bucks

Lactose Intoler-Art said...

Hey Man! Glad I was subscribed to your blog or I would have never seen this..Glad things are going so good for you right now (other than your toe..and SPARKY!!?? :( )

Ahhh yes. You should go to Hong Kong again. Somehow. Just do it. Write a book or something. haha..

But seriously..its cool that some good things are going for your right now and that you're feeling good about life. I read the article and it was really encouraging..You did a nice job. I'm proud of you Danther. Keep it up! You can do great things.